The titles of the books on my random table in this Barnes and Noble café:
1. Why Your Life Sucks and What You Can Do About It
2. Motivate Yourself and Reach Your Goals
3. The Oxford English Dictionary
4. Learning to Love Yourself: Finding Your Self Worth
5. Beat Low Self Esteem with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Amazing, right? I wish I’d seen who was reading this pile. Maybe we would have had a conversation, in different world where I am someone who talks to total strangers. This city is full of such weird little communities, which is what I love about it, and people are congregating in coffee shops to fend off depression and loneliness. I am typing madly (on a good day) alongside them, in my own bubble of fear and curiosity and joy, contented by the their presence. That’s another thing I love about New York-no matter what, there are always others.