Folks, there’s been a bunch of marriage stuff in the world recently. Also, I am super tired and it’s only Tuesday. (I had an insane weekend which involved a wedding and Ira Glass, but not at the same time.) These two things are not related, but just so you know, you should probably lower your expectations of this blog post right now.
- At the Chicktionary, Lena Chen’s answer to the question, ‘Do you want to get married some day?”
- On Jezebel, Samhita Mukhopadhyay’s Ten Very Good Reasons You Aren’t Married Yet. (Also, if you aren’t listening to Samhita and Amanda Marcotte‘s feminist radio show “Opinionated” on Citizen Radio, you should be.)
- At Single and Happy, Joshunda’s post: “I am not auditioning to be your wife & a counter to Tracy McMillan.”
- Cassie Murdoch’s piece at Jezebel, “At the Very Least, Marriage Might Keep You From Becoming a Wretched Pile of Misery”
- Nona Willis Aronowitz at Good (argh): “Married People are Happier, Maybe Because We Shun Singles.”
- Stephanie Coontz at the Washington Post on Five Myths about Marriage.